Hello beautiful ladies,
I’ve finally caught my breath after a very busy semester at uni and decided that in the next I’m going to try to have a few posts written so I can keep posting when the new semester starts. I want to thank everyone that continues to read my posts and support me.
The end of the month usually means a number of empties which also include a few from last month that deserve to have a little review too.
- MISSHA Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence 150ml
- RRP – $55.00 from Nudie Glow (buy it here)
I’m not sure how many bottles of this essence I’ve used so far but here’s another one. I’ve written an in depth review (read it here) so I won’t go into too much detail here but obviously if I’ve used that many bottles, you can probably tell that it’s a winner.
- DERMA-E Firming DMAE Cleanser 175ml
- RRP – $19.99 from Priceline (buy it here)
I’ll be honest, in the back of my mind, I always remember that my beauty therapist lecturer told me that ‘cleansers with AHA’s are pointless because they aren’t left on the skin long enough to penetrate’. I bought this cleanser because I’ve heard so many good reviews on Derma-E and Priceline had a 40% of their range at the time.
While the cleanser worked well as a cleanser, I didn’t notice any firming or even some exfoliation, which is what alpha lipoic acid is used for. It didn’t leave my skin tight, red or with a residue so while I don’t think it is a firming cleanser, it is a good cleanser overall.
- Repurchase? – Maybe, if it is on special and I don’t have another cleanser that I want to try out at the time.
- INNISFREE Orchid Sleeping Pack 80ml
- RRP – $25.01 from Innisfreeworld (buy it here)
I swear by sleeping masks as the last step in my evening routine so I’m constantly on the lookout for my holy grail of sleeping masks. Innisfree have some great products and while I really liked this mask, the scent became a bit overpowering at times. The Orchid range in general does have a very strong scent, which while its not unpleasant or perfumey (I would say it really is from the orchids), I did find it too much some nights.
Having said that though, my skin felt soft and plumped every morning after using it so I felt the results were worth persevering with the product.
- Repurchase? – If I’m making an order through Innisfree for other products, then yes, I will but I wouldn’t pay shipping on its own.
- THE ORDINARY Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone 30ml
- RRP – $12.80 from Adore Beauty (buy it here)
I’m not going to go into too much detail here on this product because I intend to do an in depth review on this product. I believe vitamin c should be included in everyone’s skincare routine so finding a product that is right for you can be a painstaking search. With this product, I’ve stopped searching.
- Repurchase? I purchased two more with my last Beautylish order.
- THE ORDINARY Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% 30ml
- RRP – $12-90 from Adore Beauty (buy it here)
I’m also doing an in depth comparison between this product and the Lactic Acid 5% + HA so I won’t go into too much detail here on it. I haven’t decided which one is the best for me yet as I’ve only just started on the Lactic Acid. That review will be a few months away yet.
- Repurchase? – I do have a back up of this one that I bought a while back before I’d purchased the lactic acid.
- THE ORDINARY Argireline* Solution 10% 30ml
- RRP – $13.90 from Adore Beauty (buy it here)
My most popular viewed post ever was the review I wrote on this product (read it here) with daily views still averaging 20. This would be my 5th or 6th bottle that I’ve used so far with no plans to switch it out of my routine.
- Repurchase? – This is a product I always keep at least two as a back up for.
- THE ORDINARY Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- RRP – $12.90 from Adore Beauty (buy it here)
Hyaluronic acid is another ingredient that I swear by because it provides instant hydration to dry skin. My skin is always drier in the colder months and I usually suffer from those dry, flaky skin patches at this time of year. Not only have I not had these horrible looking patches this year, my skin would almost be classified as a ‘normal’ skin type with a few skin conditions. I don’t doubt though that if I stopped using this, my skin would return to its usual dryness.
The only downside to this product is it is slightly thicker than I was expecting and requires about 2-3 minutes between applying this and my next product so that it absorbs fully into my skin. I’ve had no trouble with applying makeup after using this though.
- Repurchase? – Yes, I’m on to my second bottle.
- HOURGLASS Veil Mineral Primer 8.95ml
- RRP – $27.00 from Mecca (buy it here)
This was one of the products in my Project Makeup Empties that I wrote about at the beginning of the year (read it here) It is available in 30ml for $79 and 59ml for $110 and I can honestly say, it is worth it. I do have quite a few primers that I need to use up but as soon as I do, I will repurchase the full size version. The smaller version did last quite a while though so if the price is a bit off putting, I’d recommend buying that one first.
This primer applies like a serum that melts into my skin and leaves a silky canvas. Depending on the foundation I use, it does extend the wear a little bit but I wouldn’t say by a lot. However, the foundations look amazing over this primer, very smooth and flawless looking. There’s only one (Too Faceds’ Born This Way) that I found didn’t like this primer. I usually have normal/dry skin so I don’t know how it would go on oily skin but if you are curious, definitely pick up the mini version.
- Repurchase? – Without a doubt as soon as I use a few of my other primers up.
- L’OREAL Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray 400ml
- RRP – $4.99 from Priceline (buy it here)
I really just pick up whatever hairspray is on special at the time to be honest because none of them seem to do anything better than the rest. I use it to keep my flyaway, fine hairs in place rather than for volume or setting a style. I’m a bit meh with this type of product to be honest (like I am with gel too) so yes, I need it but no, I’m not picky about it.
- Repurchase? – If its on special and I need it, yes.
There was quite a few products this month because I did include some from last month so if you’ve made it this far, thank you. The review on The Ordinary Vitamin C will be coming soon and the Lactic and Lipoic Acid comparison in the coming months.
What’s your favourite The Ordinary product?
My other social media accounts are:
Until next time,