Hello beautiful ladies,
Today is the last day of my uni break and I’ve realised that with the break, I have been consistent with my posting however, both days (Tuesday and Friday) that I currently post are going to be tutorial days this semester so I’ve decided to post on Sundays and Wednesdays instead. I just want to be as consistent as I have been but also want to be realistic with what I’m capable of.
I was reading a blog post recently with an ‘about me’ heading and I found it was interesting to finally be able to personalise her rather than just as a reviewer. I found a list of 101 things about me on Pinterest and thought that’s just way too many to cover, so I’ve picked out 10 that I thought would give you a little bit of insight into me.
I’d love to know more about you too, so pick one (or two 🙂 ) and write it in the comments.
1. My Zodiac Sign
• Scorpio – for the most part, I actually am a lot like my starsign and its not as bad as you’ve been led to believe.
• I am extremely focused when I’ve set my mind to something which is helpful now that I’m juggling a bachelor degree with work and family.
• I am very loyal to my friends, family and partner.
• I can see past someone who is telling me one thing but is meaning something completely different.
• There’s some negatives too but we won’t dwell on those 🙂
2. My 3 Favourite movies
• Aliens – I have lost count of how many times I’ve seen this movie and still love it. Sigourney Weaver was my role model of strong females when I was a child.
• Apocalypto – The fact that I didn’t need to read the subtitles in this movie and still be captivated has made this one of my favourite history movies beating The Last Of The Mohicans to this list.
• Dirty Dancing – Possibly the only romance (there’s not many though) movie I’ve watched and will watch again and again.
3. 3 Things That Annoy Me
• Consistent tardiness – there is nothing worse than someone who is consistently late, whether it’s to work, to gatherings or catch ups. I understand that sometimes things happen that are out of our control but when you invite people to function’s an hour earlier than everyone and they are still late – there’s no excuse.
• Bitchiness – there’s so many aspects of bitchiness that it’s hard to pinpoint just one but I think the being nice to your face and then turning around and bad mouthing you to everyone who’ll listen is the worse. The age-old frenemy is my biggest pet hate.
• Lying – I’m not talking white lies to protect someone’s feelings but big ones that damage people’s reputation and pathological liars that make themselves believe their lies. There is something infuriating about someone who believes their own bull****.
4. My 3 Favourite Foods
• Chicken and Mushroom Risotto – I swear I could live on this dish if I was able to. I’m the only one that cooks it in my house though so I don’t have time to cook it every night.
• Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks – They just melt in your mouth but why do they have to be so expensive?
• Teriyaki Glazed Salmon – I have finally mastered cooking salmon and the glaze I make for this dish is so tasty.
5. My celebrity crush
• Chris Hemsworth – This one is easy, Chris comes across as so laid back, family orientated and genuine it’s hard not to like him, though that could be an image he’s manipulated for the media, I hope it’s just how he is.
6. Which celebrity gets on your nerves the most and why?
• Taylor Swift – Again, this could just be the media playing its games but I found the whole Bad Blood saga distasteful. Katy Perry actually won my respect for still keeping her head high with all this (though I don’t follow any of these celebrities on Twitter or social media so I could be just not informed enough). The carefully posed media photos of her ‘squad’ on social media also makes me think of high school and Mean Girls.
7. My 3 Favourite TV Shows (still running)
• Wentworth – my fiancé and I watched 4 seasons of this in two weeks when usually we’ll watch one episode a night because of work, study, family etc. but it was just so good. It’s an Australian women’s prison drama that has so much suspense, it kept us glued. Very realistic and sometimes hard to watch.
• Game of Thrones – I probably don’t need to go into detail with this one.
• Vikings – We’ve been addicted to this series since the first one came out on DVD. It’s partly based on true events starting in 793. If you love historical action/dramas, this a must see.
8. What are 3 things you must have in your dream house?
• Roman bath – I don’t know how this is possible or sustainable but it’s my dream…..
• Walk in beauty room – I actually have very little interest in clothes so I’ll turn the walk in wardrobe into a beauty room. All my makeup would be beautifully displayed with a huge vanity. My little hideaway.
• An outdoor oasis – I would much rather take my study outside so I’d love an undercover outdoor area with one of those round daytime beds (that need to be undercover even though it’s an outdoor item). Is it too much to ask for a tropical garden surrounding this with a waterfall in the background?
9. What’s the worse movie you’ve ever watched?
• This is an extremely hard one – I’ve watched some shocking movies but one movie I was told to watch by a few people at the time it was released was Tropic Thunder. I am thankful I didn’t pay to see it in cinema because I couldn’t finish it. It was just dumb and not funny. And it wasn’t just me, my fiancé was as perplexed as I was.
10. What’s something you like doing the old-fashioned way?
• The dishes – I moved into a house once that had a dishwasher and found out that you have to rinse the dishes, be careful about different chemical reactions with metals, avoid loading certain items and then you have to load it all strategically. I gave up soon after and since then, I’ve had no desire to get a dishwasher. I’ll stick to hand washing.
Thank you for reading about me and don’t forget to write in the comments 1 or 2 things about you 🙂
You can follow me on my other social media:
Until next time,